Thursday 26 July 2012

Arrived after Visit 2

Well, the journey back was so long! But I learnt a lot, again, and it excites me to know how much I had grown since the first time I visited the PhotoTraining4U Team, so I look forward to next time, and seeing how i've stepped my photographic game up.

Whilst being in Cheshire we used the new Medium format 'Leaf' back, with the Mamiya/Credo camera. It was amazing to use, and very intimidating (like much of the experience so far), but I would definitely offer this to a client if the job was necessary. It wasn't difficult to use at all, very simple in fact. What amazed me was the flash sync speed: normally being reduced to 1/200th with flash, you could actually take it as fast as 1/1600th and not get lens curtain. INSANE.

We were shooting one model on the first day as a tester of the primarily natural light in the Mill studio, but we used flash later on that day. Once i've edited some of them i'll upload them to this blog :)
The second day we had to set ourselves a brief to photograph four vintage dresses showing different time periods. This was kinda hard for me, cos' I'm fairly new to fashion I had never done a shoot like this.

Now i'm home, I look back on the last few days, and I take from it the fact that i'm learning A LOT, and it's a blessing that I am fortunate to have, so I am absorbing as much as I can. It has made me excited for test shoots to do at home too, so expect a lot of experimentation! Cos' fundamentally I want to be a better photographer after this Apprenticeship, and thankfully I am tons better than I was before the Apprenticeship, so it is definitely doing something!

No comments:

Post a Comment