Thursday 16 August 2012

Annoying thing about Published work..

I just want to highlight that this isn't supposed to be a rant AT ALL! Any kind of published work is an absolute blessing on any standard: to have so many people experience and view the work you have spent so much time and effort on is quite amazing, so don't get me wrong I love the idea of it.

I'm just a bit impatient sometimes, and the thing with trying to get work published you have to wait til' you get confirmation from whatever magazine/blog it may be before you can show people your work in the first place.

For example, i've had the PT4U four dress photographs edited for a fair while now, and I really want to be able to just lob them on my blog and the odd couple on my website (www.tomkeenanphotography.co.uk) but in case the magazine wants to be the first to launch the product, I have to wait. And it is the same case with a series I shot with 'Lucy Jayne' - I have just finished editing the photographs, and we want to see if any magazine/blog is interested in featuring the images, so, we have to wait to put them on our sites etc.

Just takes a bit of time I guess?

Psalm 37:7 - "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently before him"

My target before the next visit to PT4U is to shoot at least 3 other shoots (not including commissions etc) to experiment with.

Going to be away for a week at Momentum, and then i'll smash out some shoots :)


No comments:

Post a Comment